The green detox smoothie aka the holy grail drink for fitness gurus and models. Enough said! I had to find the recipe for this drink but to my dismay (or not) I found so many variations on the recipe of the same drink which got me really confused. So I decided to do little research and create my own recipe. Here are the ingredients that I used
2 bananas, sliced
1 green apple chopped into cubes
2 cups Kale chopped
1 cup green spinach leaves
1 cup celery diced
2 tablespoon lemon juice
Organic honey according to your taste
2 cups water
Minced ginger (I didn’t use in mine)
Blend all of the ingredients above to a smooth texture and drink it up! This recipe makes approximately 2 glasses. Some even suggested using ginger hence I listed it above but I didn’t use in mine. I just felt like I won’t be able to consume like that so took it off my drink. But let me know if you do put ginger in yours.
Now let’s talk about the benefits of this drink that many rave about:
- It detox your body and cleanses out toxins and impurities. Lemon juice has the power to do that as a matter of fact, drinking hot lemon every morning is highly recommended.
- It is slimming…I still have to test that one out 😀
- It uplifts your mood. It does at least for me. The idea that I am eating healthy makes me happy. But on a serious not bananas have high level of something called tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin which is a happy mood neurotransmitter.
- Banana also helps with digestion and apple beats diarrhea and constipation.
- It fills you up quick. This smoothie is really thick and since it basically all vegetables crushed to make a drink so it has a lot of fiber. I guess this is why you slim down because you are eating less?
- Since it has a lot of green vegetables, it is good for your skin.
- Glucose found in honey and the huge range of benefits of Kale works as an energy booster.
- Honey and apply both boosts your immunity.
- Apple is good for your heart! Remember, “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”!
- Celery is packed with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin K, vitamin C, folate and potassium.
With so many benefits packed into one drink, why not include in our daily diet right? I am going to give it a try this week and see if I see any immediate changes.